AVCHD and Adobe premiere elements

Hi,

I'm in the process of making a short film, and my uncle tells me that shooting with an AVCHD camera is really really difficult to edit on Adobe premier elements. I'm worried because I don't want it to be difficult.

I just want to know, is it true that it's really hard to edit?

Early on when AVCHD was in its infancy it was difficult to deal with.
Most software apps support it now and if not, you can convert the footage to another format and work with that.

I believe there are a few free converters on the net.

I just got a Sony that records in avchd, and had been having the same worries. I found that my software, Movie Edit Pro 14, will automatically convert it to mpeg when editing. It makes it VERY easy to deal with, but although it says it's still HD video it tends to pixelate the image a great deal.

What I do if I want to preserve great HD quality is upload and export the avchd clips I film each as uncompressed avi files. Thus I'll have each clip in a format my editing software works well with. It takes some time, but the playback in the editing software is less jerky (though it still tends to skip about because my computer isn't great with HD). It keeps the image really clear. It's kinda' my way around purchasing an actual video converter.

I had this problem where adobe doesn't read the format. I did find a plugin for several hundred dollars to edit in adobe, but I opted instead to use Sony Vegas Pro 8. It edits the format without converting, and I love the program itself. Just as good as adobe for my amatuerish needs :)

Adobe Premiere CS4 supported formats:
.3gp, .mts, .m2ts, .dv, .flv, .f4v, .avi, .asf, .mpg, .m2v, MPEG-1 (.mpg), MPEG-2 (.m2v, .mpg), MPEG-4 (.m4v), Panasonic P2 (.mxf), .mov, .swf, .dlx, .wma, .wmv, XDCam-EX movie (.mp4), XDCam-HD movie (.mxf)

U can have a try. If it is failed, i suggest u download a video converter.

Format Factory is a really good free video converter, it can convert pretty much anything to pretty much anything, and with maximum control over advanced settings. This will probably solve your problem!

Back