George Clooney for governor?

Well, they were both in Batman and Robin... maybe Arnie's political geniusness rubbed off on Georgy...

(Fantastic film, by the way...)

Batman and Robin... (Fantastic film, by the way...)

GTFO
smiley_hatchetkiller.gif

Yeah, he'd probably garner a lot of votes for likeability alone. I mean, he seems like a mostly swell guy. His activism regarding Darfur seems commendable, etc. Why not?

Yeah, he'd probably garner a lot of votes for likeability alone. I mean, he seems like a mostly swell guy. His activism regarding Darfur seems commendable, etc. Why not?

To be active regarding social issues is one thing; to navigate the treacherous waters of politics is another.

When's Arnie gonna be president?

I've been expecting that since I saw Demolition Man (Which IS a great film, no sarcasm there)

How about Stallone or Wesley Snipes for governor? That'd be way better (lol, even though it's not my state.)

Good question - he wants to amend the Constitution, but, since he's estranged from his wife, a Kennedy, he may not have the political clout by himself to do that.

I remember reading as recently as last fall about Arnold still actively pursuing the legality of that. I can't imagine why, though. He went from record approval ratings to 23% on his way out the door - Any political life further seems like wishful thinking.

I'd be interested to see Clooney take this on - He's certainly a well spoken man.

I remember reading as recently as last fall about Arnold still actively pursuing the legality of that. I can't imagine why, though. He went from record approval ratings to 23% on his way out the door - Any political life further seems like wishful thinking.

I'd be interested to see Clooney take this on - He's certainly a well spoken man.

He can't get around it - it's Art 2 of the Constitution, which makes it part of the highest law of the land. The only way he can be President is if he was to amend that article, and I don't see any chance of that happening in the near future.

He can't get around it - it's Art 2 of the Constitution, which makes it part of the highest law of the land. The only way he can be President is if he was to amend that article, and I don't see any chance of that happening in the near future.

I don't either - But there' are 27 instances for changing the highest law of the land! (Well, less, considering a couple of those repeal each other. But you get my point - the Constitution isn't set in stone entirely.

You're right though, the last time the Constitution was amended, I wasn't even alive. And it was in regard to Congressional salary, so it wasn't moving fire and brimstone or anything.

Back