quality microphone

ya know, i went out to radio shack today and bought me one of those $50 microphones. it was omnidirectional dynamic microphone. i'm not really happy with the results, unless someone actually holds the mic of to their mouth. but i won't want that in all my films. i guess i'm saying it's not sensitive enough.

i have a panasonic pvgs35, and i wasn't too thrilled with the built in mic. anyone have any luck with another external microphone? i'm still looking. :huh:

it was omnidirectional dynamic microphone

An omni-directional mic is not really something you would want to be using. Omni-directional, as the name suggests, picks up sound from all around.

Return it (if you can) and look for a good shotgun mic.

:)

Maybe someone will recommend a good brand/model to look for.

Wow Zen you are everywhere :)
Along those lines, ever try the small, bolt-on, shotgun mics? By small I mean like the size
of a pen or your finger. Saw one at best buy ($70). thanks in advance...

Well, that's going to be better than what you had before... but you'll need to be close up in the speaking actor's face all the time.

Maybe that's good enough for what you need to do... maybe not.

Having a shotgun on the end of a boom would be nice. That may be a problem if you don't have a person to hold it, though.

I have no idea how much that would cost to buy, btw. If I need a mic/boom/recorder, I just rent the kit.

I don't know enough about brands to recommend anything in particular. :no:

Back