• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screens (Kickstarter)

Screens is a coming-of-age story about selfies, reality TV, sugar daddies, and finding yourself. A film within a film about a high school boy who decides to take a road trip to Florida by himself, however, his friends and family disallow it because they are obsessed with a faux-reality TV show called Sugar Love about sugar daddies.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/213501008/screens-short-film

I am a film student in Chicago, IL. As well as studying film, I have been studying media and its role in our lives. Our obsession with TV, phones, etc. has created a disillusioned society full of apathy. With this film, I will take stylized aspects from different acclaimed directors and TV that have shaped our concept of entertainment, thrown them all together and watch them explode. In the same way that Orson Welles ended classical film noir with his famous Touch of Evil, so do I intend to bring to ease a sort-of redundancy in media.

Back