• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Future is Video

Hi Everyone,

I want to open the debate about video and it's rapidly expanding popularity within content marketing. As a filmmaker,I'm really looking to leverage a career out of this, is anyone else successfully doing this already?

A few provocative stats (web source here):

- It is estimated that Video will claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
–Mobile web traffic is significantly growing year on year. YouTube reports
mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
– People prefer to watch video. 79% of consumers would rather watch a video to learn about
a product, than read text on a page.
– Video shows great ROI. 84% of consumers have been convinced to make a purchase after
watching a brand’s video.
– Google loves video and it’s great for your search ranking. Did you know that you’re 53 times
more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
– Video builds trust and confidence. 91% of consumers have watched an explainer video to learn
about a product or service.

If you share my passion for content video, i'm currently helping to curate The Video Suite which showcases the world's best video content, check it out and let me know what you think! The Video Suite

:lol:

Welcome to IT!

lol, a link to your own page is not really linking to a source if you just copied point 6 on your landing page ;)

I am always amazed at filmmakers trying to sell videocontent by quoting Cisco's estimated us of bandwidth for video. Because increasing bandwith ratio can be pushed by far more factors than the application of video in marketing strategies.

The 53 times number is years old and it was never very clear how it was calculated.

If you want a career out of this, these statistics are funny 'did you know things'. If it are your main selling points you are in trouble, because they are echo chamber selling points. Everyone can say this.
Your target audience wants to know: WIIIFM? What is in it for me?
And why you?

Yes, the use of video increases.*
Yes, it is easier to watch how to do things than to decipher elaborate texts.
Yes, really showing a product helps consumers decide.

BTW, I've been producing corporate video content for almost 11 years now. Next week it is eleven years. My first clients are still clients.

*)
Cause and effect are a bit blurry: better infrastructure make more video possible. The creation has never been easier: my mom can shot video with here phone and upload it easily nowadays. Cheaper data storage facilitate more videos, etc.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, These stats are everywhere! Content Marketers clearly love them.I think you provide some great insight Walter, thanks. If you work in the industry are you seeing a demand for your content video services?

Hi Guys, These stats are everywhere! Content Marketers clearly love them.I think you provide some great insight Walter, thanks. If you work in the industry are you seeing a demand for your content video services?

Yes, but just asking me would be a N=1 statistic :P
Maybe demand for my skills increases, because my networking and marketing efforts start to pay off.
Or is it economic optimism?
Or indeed the general increasing awareness of the potential impact of video?

In general demand seems to be increasing.
But not all demand is equal, but I must say that economicly non-viable inquiries seem be dropping (no budget inquiries to help them sell their stuff). Maybe others get those inquiries now, or budgets are indeed rising.

At the same time it goes in waves: end of the year and right after summer are often moments with a peak in incoming inquiries: the moments plans are made.

Content video is a weird phrase as it suggests that there are video's without content ;)

Hi Guys, These stats are everywhere!

Then a link should not be a problem? You are providing hard numbers here not just saying it is the future. Please post sources so we know these aren't simply fabricated for the sake of a catchy ad.

Hi Guys, These stats are everywhere!
True. It just seems to me that since YOU already did the research
you would be happy to offer a few links that are not your website.
But I guess it's up to me to search the stats you mention.

Not putting you down, not saying you are wrong, just offering
an opinion on a business method. Don't make the consumer
search for states.

Back