Star Trek Into Darkness

Lol, I'd think that's the kindda of thing you need to figure out before even starting typing the script.

Single-timeline stories are hard to pull off. If you want someone to read it, I'd be up for it !

I think people avoid them because it's tough to deal realistically with the consequences... but with mine, that difficulty is a key part of what turns the concept into a story, so it works out for me.

I catapulted clockwise around the sun and went into the future, read it, catapulted again and saw it.
It's great!
Just wait. You'll see. :D

Congrats, IDOM! :yes:

Awesome, glad you liked it. Wait, was it the one with the watch, or the other one (I actually have two time-travel related shorts I'm writing right now)? Actually, it doesn't matter, it's just good to know it all works out... or is it? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!!!!!

Right now it's actually still just a treatment, I'll let you guys know when it's ready to be read for feedback. Unfortunately for the next few weeks all my writing will be code, rather than scripts. At least with code when it works, you know it. Then again, when it doesn't work you can't just throw in a voice over....

Unfortunately scifi doesn't tend to rate very well. Every time a show gets made with a decent budget, it tends to get canned a season in after rating poorly. With geek culture growing, I'm hoping that scifi will see a surge in popularity but I'm not holding my breath.

It could work on a cable network like HBO, Showtime, or AMC. Take Mad Men for example. It gets an average of something like 2 million viewers per episode and is considered a huge success for the network.

Whereas on network TV there are shows that get cancelled after one or two episodes for only having 2 million viewers.

Thanks goodness for AMC and shows like THE WALKING DEAD. I hate getting into a series like SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES or FIREFLY just to have a network cancel it when it's getting really good. I wanted more of those!

I think I liked this one. It had too much action to the point where it actually got tiresome, but is overall pretty good. A lot better than the previous Star Trek.

Last edited:
Dang, y'all went off some tangents! Haha, this is fun. :D

As for the new iteration of Trek being a new timeline, I don't recall any of the filmmakers saying that's the case. I just assumed it to be an alternate universe because that's the only thing that would make any sense.

IDOM, I don't think the single-timeline structure is any more or less difficult. I've got one that I'm working on myself, and I have full confidence that you can make yours work.

The movie was great! I wish Jj abrams would try and cut back just a little on all those lens flares, but other than that, it was really great and kept me on my toes.

Back