• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Battle: LA" review

I agree and disagree. All of your criticisms are valid. I just didn't place as much importance on that kind of stuff. Before stepping into the theater, I knew I would be watching an action movie, and nothing else, and I was okay with that. And it delivered on the action front. I thought it was rather gripping, as far as the action was concerned. I also do not agree that it gets repetetive -- I feel like each action set piece was a new and different situation, with different adversaries and objectives. Cliched War Movie, yes, but done quite well, in my opinion.

Thought it was so-so. A little above-average, for the alien-invasion-earthlings-fighting-back-genre, but pretty cookie-cutter. Could've predicted survivors and casualties from the platoon with a better than 90% accuracy as soon as they appeared on screen. But, insanely awkward and corny dialogue and flat acting from a majority of the cast. I was also pretty annoyed by the camera work - shaky cam, shaky cam close, steady shot, shaky cam, shaky cam close, steady ... repeat ad naseum.

On the plus side, the effects for the drones, the aliens and the ships were pretty cool. Sound design was solid. A few good action moments, here and there.

But, overall, kinda forgettable. Saw it Thursday night, and it barely registers on the cerebral cortex tonight...

gelder

I believe you´re looking for feedback on your ´show´not the actual film therefore:

Too much talking over each other - some really odd sounding intermitten laughs - the sound seemed to echoy = need to lav mike yourselves independantly and try not ´trip´over one another.

Not bad for a first effort, needs work - all the best, Jim.

Hey everybody thank you for your criticism of our citicism.lol. All your points are valid and we'll try to continue to make our production better as we go on. Thanks!

Back