So, today I turn twenty-one...

Yup.

Hit me with your wisdom, folks.

Things I already know

1. Don't eat yellow snow.

:cool:

I hope everyone enjoys their Guy Fawkes night. Have a good'un.

Cheers,
Daniel

PTP

Happy Birthday, Papertwinproductions.

I turned 61 on November 3rd. My advice? Survive, while staying younger than yesterday! How do you do that? Make something new every week of your life... with no excuses and no alibis.

Life is what happens while you are busy making plans... (I heard this once)!

Hit me with your wisdom, folks.
- People are stupid. Have been for a long time. Future ain't looking much better. Deal.
- Those that fail to reproduce tend to pass that trait onto their offspring.
- Give your parents a break. Even if they don't deserve it.
- For God's sake, keep a spare key to the house and car about.
- Be a hero. Carry jumper cables.
- Keep a $twenty in the car's ashtray, glovebox, wherever.
- Don't swerve to miss the dog in the road. Hit the dumb f#cker. But you gotta stop traffic to save turtles in the road and get them to a safe place. (BTW, turtles are natural hepatitis carriers, so wash your hands afterwards).
- Make asymetrical warfare work in your favor. Or just don't even get involved.
- Vote for the most immoral and depraved candidate.
- Get a library card.
- Finkle is Einhorn and Soylent Green is people.
- Quit while you're ahead.
- Karma does exist. What goes around comes around.
- Don't get mad at dogs for doing "dog" things. Who's smarter? You or the dog?
- If it's important then keep it safe. (Think balls and eyes).
- Don't tell women secrets. They can't help but blab to someone eventually.
- Most lies are not told to hurt someone. It's to keep people from KNOWING you're an idiot. Suspecting you're an idiot is one thing. Confirming it is another.
- Last night's pizza makes great breakfast today. (BTW, most Italian food tastes better two days later. IDK why).
- Wash your towels separate from your regular clothes. And don't use fabric softener on them, either. And pretty much just leave your GF/wife's clothes alone. No matter what you do, even following her directions, you'll screw it up.
- Women come with kids these days, but don't like guys that come with kids. Deal.
- TurboTax. You can do it!
- In twenty years the twenty year old girls will want nothing to do with your "old pervert" @ss. So go ahead and get caught looking down their shirts while you can. You got about another ten years to get away with it pretty easy. After that... eh... ? Don't get caught.
- Don't trust her birth control measures, studly.
- Statistically, you're more likely to be a father longer than a husband. Plan accordingly.
- Men are mean. Women are crazy. Deal.
- Teach your kids to take their lumps on the little stuff, but lie your @ss off on the big stuff. Remember: If the police are asking you questions that means they don't already have enough evidence to convict you, so shaddap! Duh!
- When your or your girlfriend's kids ask you "Do you wanna watch me play this vidiot game?!" - watch it. Ten minutes is all they really need.
- Pull over and let the kids look at roadkill once in a while. Then tell 'em to stay the h3ll outta the d@mn road unless they wanna end up the same way. Dummies.
- Mowing wet grass screws up your lawnmower.
- Don't use a line trimmer wearing shorts.
- Gloves. Use 'em. Calf skin gloves are great but don't last long.
- Scars on boobs and bellies from childbirth are like amutpated limbs and schrapnel scars on combat vets. Give homage to what she's lost.
- You're gonna be a fuhreeeeak about your first kid. A few kids later it gets a lot easier but more complicated.
- Work before play, but family always comes first.
- Its fun to worry about plane crashes, handguns, and AIDS but cardiac disease kills more Americans and UKers than anything else. IOW, Krispy Kreme kills more people than Smith & Wesson, McDonalds more than Colt.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm

Last edited:
Have a very happy birthday, sir!

As I learnt last week, it is possible to get horribly sunburnt in Leeds in November if you spend the whole day with a piece of polyboard under your face…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjsOHiBYs​

Murphy's Law - Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Third Corollary of Murphy's Law - Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way.

O'Tooles Commentary on Murphy's Law - Murphy was a optimist.

Life is hard, then you die.

And here's a serious one from Harpo Marx, of all people:

Life has been meant for you to enjoy, but you won't enjoy it unless you pay for it with some good, hard work. This is one price that will never be marked down.

Slightly incongruous YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3oOVKt0WI

Happy Birthday! Keep working hard, celebrate all your accomplishments and don't lower your ambitions ;)

Happy birthday! Again, the difference in significance US vs. UK, but still treat yourself to a nice whiskey (or even better, something you've never tried before)!

Following in Ernest's footsteps: Nothing is real. Everything is permitted.

From the only organized religion I agree with (church of the subgenius): Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

And mine personally: There's always more to learn. You can learn from everyone, regardless of relative experience or skill. You can like stuff that isn't good, and dislike things you think are.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.
...wait a minute...

As I learnt last week, it is possible to get horribly sunburnt in Leeds in November if you spend the whole day with a piece of polyboard under your face…

Seeeeee, per chilipie's episode, I was totally gonna suggest SPF 100+ sunblock for you Daniel, then you can still look 21 at 42.

Have a GREAT birthday!

Back