• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Hilarious, Highly-Offensive, Short Horror Script Needs A Home And A Director

To say that this script was written with brevity and economy in mind is an understatement. A Film and TV editor friend encouraged me to write something cohesive that could be filmed in one weekend for minimal money. We were going to use it to help another friend of ours get back into directing, since he has directed stuff in the past, but has been out of practice lately. He didn't want to do it, but both my editor friend and I agree that this thing must get made.

The vibe is very campy, with lots of dirty one-liners, absurd puns, and a driving horror plot. Think: the Farrelly brothers making a horror movie for Troma Films, but very short (12 pages) and very low budget. I need someone with the vision, humor and courage to bring this to life and exploit all of its potential. I live in Los Angeles, so if you are in Southern California, that's easier, but I will go the distance to make this film.

Some influences: Maximum Overdrive (1986), Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986), They Live (1988), Over the Top (1987), The Cable Guy (1996)

I'd like to find a director with a great comedic sense, who can milk the comedic juice out of each bit. Producers and actors are welcome to inquire as well. Please send me links to your previous works. I need to know a little about you before I send you my script. Thanks : ) Dave

I'd be interested in directing. I know some great comic actors, too.

Who's paying for this?

Hey Directorik, thanks for your interest! At this point, it's just a script. There's nobody paying for anything yet. I may try to work the crowdfunding angle and produce it myself. Its saving grace is that it really is written to be filmed for almost nothing. Where can I watch some of your work?

Back