• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Toilet Scripts: Scripts For Their Own Sake

Like many of us, I had aspirations for a long time to become professionally produced. Recently, I realized that journey just wasn't for me. But that didn't necessarily mean I wanted to stop writing.

https://toiletscripts.wixsite.com/cantstopshitting

Toilet Scripts is a website that exists purely to be its own little "network" of films and television series that have never actually been made. It takes the adage of "write what you want to watch or read" to its extreme: rather than write pilots that may never get greenlit and leave it at that, I was desperate to finally see what show those pilots could become with nothing stopping them. Rather than write movies that can't really be read purely for someone's pleasure, since they're being read to be sold, I'd rather write movies and just have them here for whoever'd like them.

There is a wonderful fulfilling life in pursuing production, but I'm not so sure that was for me. I think this is the way for me to go.

So I'd like to share this with anyone who'd be interested. A website of continuously updating scripts for both films and individual television series concepts. If anything strikes your fancy, feel free to read (and leave any comments you feel compelled to, positive and negative!). If nothing interests you, feel free to ignore me.

Currently there're two running series.

WRENCH: An in-progress film trilogy that "serves as a healthy guide on ruining the lives of those around you." Two of three films currently posted.

SHITBERG: An abstract ensemble comedy/drama about a broken white trash town on the periphery of the supernatural. Six of ten episodes for its first season currently posted.

I hope you enjoy, should you choose to indulge!

The self-deprecating humor is an interesting marketing angle. Better than saying yours is the best... something like this make me want to stop to read, so good luck!

Because you often feel like you are writing the next big thing, but then don't even get a nibble, so you figure it is shit. It happens to us all.

The self-deprecating humor is an interesting marketing angle. Better than saying yours is the best... something like this make me want to stop to read, so good luck!

Thank you so much!

Part of it is...well, I'm not so sure mine is the "best." It's just, well, mine. So there's not much point in trying to be the best, particularly when art is so subjective.

How did you choose the name Toilet Scripts?
Is that an actual term?

If it's an actual term, I've never heard it.

I think to me it's not an entirely dismissive sentiment: I just tend to write stories that occasionally blow into extremity. The characters dwell in their own (usually) metaphorical shit. So their stories go into the toilet.

indietalk said:
Because you often feel like you are writing the next big thing, but then don't even get a nibble, so you figure it is shit. It happens to us all.

Though, yeah, a bit of that. I just realized at one point people being able to actually see the stories mattered more to me than if they were produced, so I wanted a site to collect everything just in case the people who'd enjoy them would find it.

Are you also allowed to get companies to advertise on your site?

Not sure, have never looked into it. Not sure I'd quite want that; I'd rather not have any sponsorship money behind the content of the site, at least not corporate. Plus I'm not quite sure what companies would want this sort of material anyway, given how used I was to contests and assessments rating my marketability as fairly low.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth. Although this Google AdSense pg. makes it sound like they do the looking for you. I guess it analyzes the people who click on your site & then matches suitable companies. I imagine it would be small counter culture businesses, if at all. An interesting marketing exercise/experiment.
I've been trying to think up some slogans for your site but so far they're all shitty. Good luck with your writing :)
https://www.wix.com/app-market/google-adsense/overview

I saw the documentary "Bukowski: Born into This". He wrote about the ordinary lives of poor people, being a writer, being an alcoholic, dysfunctional relationships, etc. If you ever decide you want to adapt a script or write books, maybe he could be a sort of model to show you that non-mainstream work can be recognized.

And if you want to know about writing books, I thought Stephen King's "On Writing" was really good. It talks about how he got started, & how much work it took before he got his 1st book published. Pretty inspiring for any writer, I think.

Last edited:
Back