• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First episode of CLOWNE is online!

Jardoss, what are you going to do with the film now?

I mean, if you want to get "hits" (viewers) then vimeo is pointless, youtube is the way to go.

Also there seem not to be any website for the movie, for instance you should have page only for this CLOWNE film in Facebook.

Are you going to send the film to movie festivals?

Since you have created so great film, then it is really shame if it is only in vimeo.

I agree with this. However, considering the worst aspects of the film were its composition and writing (essentially the only things Jardoss was truly responsible for), I don't think he's nearly as talented as you're assuming.

I don't mean to come across as an asshole - I'm just telling it like it is.

EDIT: Yeah, I definitely came across as an asshole. Jardoss: I did enjoy the pilot... I just don't think you should let any of this positive reception get to your head. Let's say you had to make a short film with little-to-no budget, a DSLR, and only a friend or two to help (no professionals). Would it be nearly as high quality as CLOWNE? I doubt it - and that's because you're young, you haven't had time to develop your skills yet. Get what I'm saying? The only reason CLOWNE's as good as it is is because you had expensive equipment - and PROFESSIONALS who knew how to use it.

Hey Patchy. Don't worry, I was not offended! :) However, I would like to clear up a few things: I appreciate your honesty and kind words, and agree that the writing isn’t perfect, but I think you’ve misunderstood this production a little: there were NO professionals involved, except a little in post-production (sound design, music and color grade). If you go back a little, I actually answered the post you quoted :)

We were a crew of seven people, the oldest being 19. Of course, I’m not letting the appreciation and kind words get to my head; we encourage critisicm, but also appreciate support. As I’m sure you know, it fuels the next project :) If I ever gave the impression that I was being unthankful and high on my horse, I apologize. I try to take every bit of critiscm to heart— for example, I know I need to work more on my writing, and that I could go harder on the casting next time.

Look, I know I’m not a terrific filmmaker yet, which is why I started a thread “Will I benefit from film school?”, which resulted in me being admitted to USC in Los Angeles. And since you’re talking about me specifically, let me bring you in on what I did: I produced, wrote, directed, planned, cast, responsible for budget and economy, and co-edited this film. Alongside the gaffer and DOP (my friends), I also had a foot in Cinematography — and a fantastic crew.

Truth is, you’re right: as of yet, I’m not a great filmmaker— but I’m confident I’ll get there. I’m a little unsure of what you want to achieve by pointing this out, but if how this production came along was unclear, I hope this has provided some answers. We made this film on a very very tight budget, considering the audience we wanted to reach and the script's vision. All was funded by local teenage-culture funds, friends and our own pockets. Nothing out of the ordinary as an indie-filmmaker.

I hope I managed to clear up some confusion, as I don’t want to come off as ungrateful, high on my horse or an asshole. Quite frankly, this forum here is what has taught me half of what I know, and got me into filmschool. I love you guys, what can I say, which is why I always post my work here. Feel free to check out my films here, all done on DSLR's and zero-budget (although some are a little old, haha): https://vimeo.com/jarand

Best,
Jarand

Jardoss, what are you going to do with the film now?

I mean, if you want to get "hits" (viewers) then vimeo is pointless, youtube is the way to go.

Also there seem not to be any website for the movie, for instance you should have page only for this CLOWNE film in Facebook.

Are you going to send the film to movie festivals?

Since you have created so great film, then it is really shame if it is only in vimeo.

Thank you so much for kind words, really appreciate it :)
As of yet, we're trying to keep the film a little "under the radar", as film festivals won't screen films that have been watched by thousands. We just submitted the film to 8 festivals that admit pilots and shorts! :) Wish us luck!

Vimeo was chosen to reach out to the audience that might make a difference (people working with film), and not the general public just yet. We just recently also sparked some interesting in a company based in LA that will take the pilot around town, pitching it to studios :) We are excited!

Sooner or later of course, the film will hit YouTube and get a website.

Thanks again for the responses, good and bad, appreciate that you took the time to watch our film!
Jarand

Back