Do you have an acting blog? Post the link here!

On a slightly different tack, my online magazine 1000dollarfilm.com was started as a way to encourage actors and screenwriters to make the leap into making their own films, rather than waiting to be discovered by someone else.

In fact, I just wrote a piece called "how to make your first movie for $582, with no previous experience"
aimed specifically at actors and screenwriters who needed a cheap and simple way of making a first movie.

I'm also always looking for anyone who has an interesting take on any aspect of film making to contribute articles. As I believe passionately that it's what happens in front of the lens that makes the film, an actor's perspective is always welcome.

Last edited:
2 Acting Blogs

I have 2 blogs that might interest you.

The Erin Cronicals
This is my acting blog, where I talk about what it's like to be an actor in New York City. I am a member of SAG/AEA/AFTRA, so I hope you find this blog informative and entertaining!

Bite-Size Business with The Actors' Enterprise
This is a website I run, which is a sort of "how-to" for actors when it comes to the business side of show business. We focus on marketing, PR, organization finances, and social issues (as well as many others!) and also answer questions from actors on a daily basis.

Enjoy!

Erin =)

Last edited:
http://nextbigthingblog.wordpress.com/

This is actually my sister's blog but she's just started blogging and I think it's really great, being an actor myself. It's mostly about the sort of limbo you feel in between jobs, the auditions she goes to and the script she's writing which has been optioned. And it's humorous and quite touching. But then I'm sort of biased haha. Check it out though!

Hi,

I love writing about my acting journey, and I love reading about what other actors are doing on their path. If you have a blog please post it in this thread so we can read about how it is going for you, where you have been, and what you are up to.

I will start the ball rolling with a link to my blog:

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Donald C. Foley

Home: www.donaldcfoley.com
Blog: www.donaldcfoley.com/blog/
IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm1975841/

Mr. Foley!!! How the hell are you? I didn't know you were a member? That's awesome.

Don and I live in the same neck of the woods, and have had a chance to work together. Nice guy...but he's one of those *whispering to the side* SAG actors.

:)

Don is a fantastic character actor. Wonderful guy. Good to see you dude.

For those of you keeping Blogs...I think it may be a good idea to have a section on your site that showcases what you've done in terms of productions and training. That way people can have an idea of where your information is stemming from. I'm not saying all of you lack this info...but I notice a lot of Blogs that are devoid of experience and background.

Naturally one can read between the lines and get a feel for experience in the text...but it's just nice to see on a professional level who's writing the Blog.

Thanks.

B.A.B.E - my acting blog

What a great idea.. I'm constantly looking for more acting sites to refer to in my acting blog. I started one a few months back for new actors in London and so far it's going really well. I would of course value your feedback and comments (and follows if you fancy it).

http://babeblogsite.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to read yours.

Angela Peters

New blog for performers to be of service

Hi Guys:
Just started new blog for all kinds of artists/performers. I myself am an actor (just starting out). What I want is for those of you who are working to share your experience. And for those of you who are new to post your questions. Really want to get into emotional life behind all the hub bub and craziness of trying to find/allow for work. Cuz I know how stressful can be. Also want leads on where else can post blog. Please also add me to wherever your posted so we can get the word out. Best, Peter ;)
http://actingforbeginners101.blogspot.com/2011/04/hello-and-welcome.html

Back