Can't take my DSLR on an airplane without risks?

I haven't counted the photosites in my 60D, but I haven't noticed dead pixels after my trip the California (2 times 15 hours in the sky and I took pictures on high altitude).

I haven't looked at the video yet. But I've traveled extensively with
my DSLR and haven't noticed any issues. I have also traveled with
cameras for "The Amazing Race" and haven't heard the issue discussed
in that video.

But he sure makes me wonder....

Did you travel by flight?

Yes. It would be a little unhelpful of me to say I haven't
noticed any issues when all my travels have been on
the ground.

I'll rephrase:

I've traveled extensively on planes with my DSLR and haven't
noticed any issues. Including several seasons of "The Amazing
Race" where we travel all over the world on planes.

Yes. It would be a little unhelpful of me to say I haven't
noticed any issues when all my travels have been on
the ground.

I'll rephrase:

I've traveled extensively on planes with my DSLR and haven't
noticed any issues. Including several seasons of "The Amazing
Race" where we travel all over the world on planes.

Thanks.

That guy seems to be a bit of a waffler. I've traveled with my dslr's on flights and never had this. I remember reading an article on this particular subject and this particular guy. You need a lot more gamma rays to kill pixels, much more than you could ever get on a plane.

If I find the article I'll post it.

EDIT: This is it I believe: http://consumertraveler.com/columns/does-airplane-travel-kill-digital-camera-sensors/

This is good information. Thanks for sharing.

Kind of makes me wonder if the speaker had an anti-digital agenda - and lied intentionally about sensors not being safe on airplane flights - whilst giving his lecture.

It's theoretical blabla: "this can happenin theory"
Haven't heard of any occassion it actually happend.
FYI satellites (for space exploration and espionage) use digital sensors as well, the rovers on Mars use digital sensors and they have been travelling through space for at least 9 months :P

That guy seems to be a bit of a waffler. I've traveled with my dslr's on flights and never had this. I remember reading an article on this particular subject and this particular guy. You need a lot more gamma rays to kill pixels, much more than you could ever get on a plane.

If I find the article I'll post it.

EDIT: This is it I believe: http://consumertraveler.com/columns/does-airplane-travel-kill-digital-camera-sensors/

Won't that turn you into the incredible hulk, first?

Back