• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE WAKE 5 Minute Short Film :)

Hey guys. Hope all you film folk are doing well :)

So, after much deliberation I've finally had the courage to put my first 5 minute short film online. If you see this as an attempt to plug myself and gain some kind of exposure then, well, you wouldn't be entirely wrong. But I am also here to receive any tips, observations or feedback on how to make my work going forward better and of a higher standard. And I trust there are some people here who are able to give me insights that could help me achieve that :)

I encountered many challenges working on this project and also learnt countless lessons about my art form. But I am proud to be sharing it here with all of you :)

We were given the brief of creating a film that is the introduction to a video game, but I took more as making a film that is open ended, beginning a much larger journey for the protagonist.

As you know, each film we make is a little piece of ourselves so please, be gentle :) haha

I hope you all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0osha9KP_vs

The "voice" was a bit much for me. To me, having a more gentle voice lends some ambiguity as to whether the voice is benevolent or malevolent. Think of HAL from 2001. Just a thought.

At 00:26 you gave a lot away by showing the guy unconscious on the gurney. Maybe go directly to the beach from the door opening.

Over all the acting seemed a bit stiff. For instance at 01:40 I would have expected more desperation.

At 03:28, it seems there could have been something more he could have said, to drive the story than,"She's a fucking liar." You know, those incomplete sets of facts that create more questions than they answer. :)

There were some focusing issue. IDK if you did it on purpose for an effect, but it's noticeable.

I liked the music. It was a little loud/overwhelming at times but appropriate for the scene.

Back