Is this a good audio set up?

This summer we will be filming a feature and we are upgrading all of our Audio gear. Here is what we are thinking about getting. Thoughts?

Rode NTG2
Rode Blimp
Tascam DR-60D

The one thing I'm unsure of is the Tascam. It will be better than what we have which is the Tascam DR-05. What is everyones thoughts? Keep in mind we are trying to get all the gear for under or around $800.

It's decent. What are your aims for the film? Cinematic release? If so, it's not so great. If you're looking at DVD, festivals, then you'll probably get away with it in the right hands.

You're missing the XLR cable and boom pole from the list. I assume you'll automatically have those.

You also don't have lav mics on the list. While you won't get it in the kit within your budget, you'll have to shoot a lot more close ups to ensure you get good audio or budget in ADR.

If you're looking at DVD, festivals, then you'll probably get away with it in the right hands.

You're missing the XLR cable and boom pole from the list. I assume you'll automatically have those.

Yes we already have those items and yea we will being doing the DVD and festival releases. This is gonna be a horror feature shot outdoors.

Back