Crew advice

I was wondering how meny (minimum recomended) crew members and the positioning are needed. Some info on the project it is a featture length low budget production. It has 12 princable actors and some extras. So I would like to know the bare bone minimum you guys would recomend for crew to handle this. Also what crew positions are mandatory and what positions can be easily doubled up on. Right now I have a director and producer in one (probily a few more by theend) and a casting director. What else will i need. I realize I could in theroy do itall myself but will probaly end up burnt out at the end. Some positions I know I need are as fallows:

camera operator
make up director
sfx director
editor
sound director
costume director

Is there any thing else i need? Thank you in advance and sorry about the scatered brainedness and bad spelling.

Are any of those locations trim, like "we only need one or two shots" trim? Any that can be done without electric and with minimal grip?

Some of the locations are diffrent rooms in the same building. Some can be done with out electrical. Some are out door shots. Some of these locations are just one or two shots and done that include only one or two of the princable actors.

Some of the locations are diffrent rooms in the same building. Some can be done with out electrical. Some are out door shots. Some of these locations are just one or two shots and done that include only one or two of the princable actors.

That's much less complicated. :)

When I think locations, I am thinking distinct sites that going between requires packing up and driving. Or at the very least a long distance from one setup to the next. Like you are in a cabin in the forest. One location, but maybe you have a scene that ends up 400 yards down a trail. That's more overhead than going from one room to the next within the cabin, but doesn't necessitate the whole crew packing up and driving down the freeway to a restaurant location, for example.

Sounds like you might be able to gang a few of the smaller ones together as well.

Here's a crew member everyone is over looking! The gopher! I mean who's going to get you coffee, and run batteries, and clean things, and be your lacky besides an intern?!

It's not like one room to another room in the cabin it is more like two diffrent rooms in this building are going to turned into two diffrent sets. I got lucky a little with locations a friend of mine has a commercial building i can use. It has 4 floors of wide open space so i can turn those floors into diffrent sets.

Back