Want to be hip and/or trendy?

Well, I can help. Possibly. Well, not really.

Long story short and even shorter for those who read my earlier post in the dedicated Clapper Bored thread, I'm expanding/upgrading/awesomizating my film website. Don't worry it's still not a discussion forum!

There are a number of 'jobs' going, for want of a better word. I can't offer pay (unless you do something really, really awesome) but I can offer reciprocal love and respect.

So I'm looking for people who might be interested in the following things:

- Reviewing movies (particularly independent movies)
- Writing articles on independent filmmaking for the new 'section' called Indie Cinematographer
- Hosting, co-hosting or audio editing the upgraded version of The Clapper Bored Podcast
- Drawing pretty/amusing pictures to accompany reviews and articles
- Web design and programming (I would say 'lol' because no one wants to do this for free!)
- Creating a web TV show for YouTube

Or just generally be a good sport and tweet about my wonderful little site. You can even 'like' us on Facebook although I'd prefer that you like us in real life.

Honestly, and as Tesco say, every little helps, so whatever you can/are willing to lend a hand with would be amazingly appreciated.

I'll leave you with something unbelievably cute which will put a smile on your face and make you feel like helping me out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64c5vT3NBw

Ask any questions that you have!

Thanks for the replies, I hope those people are already feeling hipper and/or trendier.

Really anyone who can help would be appreciated!

Bring thy skills to the table :P

Ok, that's way cuter than I thought it would be.

re: your pm, I'd be happy to try and write something for you. When's the launch planned for?

Ok, that's way cuter than I thought it would be.

re: your pm, I'd be happy to try and write something for you. When's the launch planned for?

It's super cute.

I would love to have the site ready for one month's time. There are some really cool things that I'm developing with people that will be drip fed until Christmas, but the dynamic new site will hopefully be ready for, let's say, August 10th! :)

I just want to reiterate my offer to anyone who wants to see their work published.

If you have any ideas for an article on films or filmmaking and have a relatively good command on the English language (which 99% of members on this forum do) then drop me a line!

I'm building up content for our super relaunch. It's looking really cool and I'm really excited...etc. :D

Hello!

This is where I'm at:

Everything is smooth sailing and coming along pretty nicely. I'm about to hit a road bump in that from October I'll hardly be able to see any films. So I'm going to try and lasso in some more ad hoc reviewers. If there's anyone reading this in London who'd like to get invites to press screenings that I can't attend then let me know.

I also think it would be prudent to appoint a US Editor (do we call them West Coast Editor even if they're not on the West coast?) who can cover some of the big films that come out earlier in the US than in the UK. So if you're interested in that then please, please let me know.

But if you have a burning urge to write something then write it! And if it's remotely interesting then I'll publish it. We're kickstarting the podcast again soon so if you want to be interviewed or you want your project promoted then just let me know!

All this and more!

But seriously, I need people's help because I would be so frustrated if all the work I (and other people) have put in when I'm back at uni. So pretty please to all those considering helping.

In cool news I've got press accreditation for the London Film Festival (starting next week) and whilst I'll miss most of it, it'll still be fun to bomb around catching interesting films in the next couple of weeks.

I want to be hip, but not trendy!

Yeah, dude. I can do some writing for you. Let me know any time you've got a major blockbuster that you're unable to attend, or that is released here, earlier than there.

Back