Hey everybody!

What an awesome site.

Ive been wanting to find a site/forum dedicated to independent film making. Though Im not a film maker at the moment, I plan on doing various projects in the future. I do have experience with camera work and film editing, but Im still a newbie. But thats why Im here, to futher discuss with people that are well into the work they love, Film making!

Hope to become a regular here.

also, any filmmakers here in the CNY region?

'sup, good Hughes :cool:

As long as there's something left to be learned, we're all still newbies here too. ;)

What kinds of projects do you have in mind, to get started with?

Zensteve said:
What kinds of projects do you have in mind, to get started with?

Ill be working on a snowboarding documentary first. Then do something that involves my own story of some sort.

HailtotheKing said:
Welcome to the boards! :) Snowboarding? That sounds cool.(:P) Where are you planning to shoot it at?

Well I live in CNY so in the Adirondack mountain area.

Theres alot of good places here to shoot. Plus my funds are short, since Im in college, so I can't really go to far from where I live.

Ive been wanting to find a site/forum dedicated to independent film making. Though Im not a film maker at the moment, I plan on doing various projects in the future.

...and I quote:

"First step to being a filmmaker is to stop saying you want to be a filmmaker. It took me forever to be able to tell anyone I was a filmmaker and keep a straight face until I was well on my way. But the truth was, I had been a filmmaker ever since the day I had closed my eyes and pictured myself making movies. The rest was inevitable. So you don't want to be a filmmaker, you are a filmaker. Go make yourself a business card."

Robert Rodriguez, "Ten Minute Film School" comment in the book "Rebel Without A Crew"

...I've got a cool business card :D

I do have experience with camera work and film editing, but Im still a newbie. But thats why Im here, to futher discuss with people that are well into the work they love, Film making!

...well, ain't we all! :yes:

...welcome to the boards...

--spinner :cool:

The Adirondacks are :cool:

I've done more than my fair share of camping there.

You go to college in Syracuse?

_______

Last time I was in Upstate, Time-Warner had an amazing Public-Access system set up... free training on equipment, software, and absolutely free use of it all... once the free classes were completed.

Great place to meet other local people interested in a/v, as well.

Back