London Bombings

We are thinking and praying for you all.

On a personal note...my sister drives a subway train out of Bank Station. We have just heard from her and she is safe. At this time, her partner is unaccounted for.

Bird,

It is a small world. Glad your sister is okay. Hope they find her partner soon and well.

The terrorists show that they have no regard for any life, and that this will be a long fight.

Prayers for the Brit's.

WC

All I can add is a little moral support. It's such a tragic world and it always seems to be the innocents who suffer. What possible good can anyone hope to acheive by all this horror?

rrk1962 said:
... What possible good can anyone hope to acheive by all this horror?

That's just it... these people are evil not good. They are not trying to get any good from it. They are spawning more evil. More hatred, more fear, more terror, that's what they do this for. The more lives taken, the more terror that can be achieved is what they watch on TV... that's what they love, that's what they laugh at... and that's Evil!

I will pray for all those affected by these terrorist attacks.

...what is sad is that people are so desperate that they see violence as their only recourse. Does that excuse it: No. In the year 2005, we seem to not become smarter at working things out, but better at causing each other harm...It is beyond me why killing innocent civilians is supposed to get a point across.

I hope everyone is okay over there....try to stay safe....

--spinner

I've just heard that my brother who lives and works in central London is fine, as are all our friends.

I've sat all day watching the news, it's all very, very sad indeed.

We've got quite a few London members on the board so it would be good to hear that they're all OK. It may take a while as I understand that getting around the city is very hard at the moment.

I think Ken Livingston (Major of London) said it best "This was not an attack on a country, or on a prime minister or on anyone in power, it was an attack on ordinary working class Londoners of all faiths and beliefs."

Here in the North East it has been a beautiful day, sunny, quiet, peaceful. Despite the attempt to frighten us through random acts of violence, the truth is that as a country and a people we're bigger than that and in the end our quiet nature will prevail.

My thoughts and prayers are for the victims, their families, and the British people who have suffered from this terrible act.

I was in NYU as a student on sept 11, 2001 so I know what the people of london are going though. So to all people on indietalk who have friends and family in london I hope they are safe and well.

God this world is terrible sometimes. This kind of thing happens daily in the middle East.. can you imagine what it would be like to live there?

Luck and prayers to all you Brits. This is absolutely horrible, and this world NEEDS to get it's head out of the bucket and start working together as a team. Perhaps us filmmakers can do something to assist awareness of international poverty and human rights. I myself am certainly inspired to travel and document these atrocities.. ironically, the problem is always lack of money. Only the rich (like the celebrities at Live8) could possibly make something of a scale that would be needed. Perhaps we could begin to talk about a project like that?

Because I'm sick and tired of nothing ever getting done. They talk and talk and talk and talk... but if the enitre world just took ONE DAY, the ENITRE WORLD, to take action against poverty, not just talk, or be aware... if we just took one day a year to redistibute wealth, to feed every hungry person, to hold synchronized world elections in every country that were well informed by every nation (to limit propeganda)... there's so many things we CAN do, but the people willing to do them most often do not have the money to do so.
Bah. Frustrating thoughts. I bet that didn't make sense, sorry.

You get the idea though. www.amnesty.ca

bird said:
Thank you Writeum... we just received an email from my sister and her partner is safe and well.

Oh, birdy,

I'm so sorry to hear of these terrible events, but I'm glad your sister's all right.
The sad old world is in my prayers today.

Hey, group. Just found out that my cousin Judy and her husband Rick flew into Heathrow this morning. Her cell doesn't work there, so we are not in contact with her.

Please add Judy and Rick Foppiano to your prayers for their safety.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

I wish you the same joyful result as I have had. Judy and Rick will be in my prayers tonight.

I would also like to say that these Londoneers are stellar examples of grace and humanity under such horror and adversity.

Not much I can add to this thread, but I found something special in the words of an Australian who narrowly escaped death in both the London Bombing and the Bali Bombing. He shakily said something along the lines of "keep travelling and keeping living, and if your time is up, then your time is up". If a man who has escaped 2 bombings can go on as he would normally, I can't see why I or most other people should let this terrible event get in their way either.

Bird,

I'm glad your sister is alright. I spoke to a couple of animation/special effects pros I know in the UK and got all sorts of unpleasant details. As someone who watched the towers burn for three weeks after 9/11, and having just recently visited that wonderful city called London (I do love it), I'm both distressed for the people there and angry as hell at these lunatics who would do such a thing.

Indycine,

Hi, and welcome, belatedly, to this board. A mutual friend introduced me to this place some many months back when the other board was looking less desirable. This place now looks better by the day. Glad to see you here.

Judy and Rick Foppiano are safe and sound, but on their way to Trippoli, Lybia to check it out. Rick, being in the oil biz, may be transferred there, but they are going to check it out.

Thanks for everyone's prayers.

Randy

Back