• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

After effects / editor needed (Atlanta)

I'm looking for a skilled and experienced editor and After Effects Artist to help with a PSA short film.
PROFESSIONAL experience to create and edit (or make changes) is required.
Proficiency with After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Photoshop is a MUST.
You must be well organized with great media and time management skills.
Creative decisions will be discussed as a team.

Please, supply links to a portfolio that shows your work?

Compensation: no pay / credit

Storyline:
The film is about a sleep-deprived, over-caffeinated, high school student pulling an all-nighter for the next day’s S.A.T. While under the influence of pills and caffeinated drinks he drives to a party; Zombie chaos occurs, he hears the siren of police cars, what is he to do; is it real or is it a drug induced hallucination?

Maybe it should read... looking for someone that is trying to get into the editing business or for someone interested building there editing reel or a "PROFESIONAL" that would like to work on a project with a good message "Don't do Drugs" targeting teens.

SinEater, I'm assuming you are someone that is a PROFESSIONAL with the experience I'm hoping to find. If you are, I would love to talk with you about this project. I’m guessing the short would be around 10-14 minutes long and a PSA version of about 2-3 minutes that would be used during talks with teens about drug use. Email me at brucedowns@gmail.com and I’ll be happy to email you the script. Thanks.

Bruce, I'm in Atlanta. Is principal photography complete? From the sound of it you haven't shot the thing yet, so no need for a editor until the footage is in the can.

Yes, we had a very aggressive shooting schedule and shot the entire short film from Friday, 7/29 – Sunday, 8/1. You can see some of the pictures our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mile29films
We had 5 makeup FX people from Neitherworld do the makeup. Here's a picture of me with one of the zombies.
6a00d83451bbfa69e2014e8a51468d970d-pi

and another of us setting up a shot in the mental hospital
6a00d83451bbfa69e2014e8a514684970d-pi

Gotcha, and yup, looks like netherworld stuff. While my calendar won't support the full project, if your editor can cut the 2-3 minute PSA, I'd take on the audio post for that.

Back