Breakdown Question

So maybe I'm over-thinking this, but when you do your script breakdown if a props appears multiple times within the same scene do you notate that prop each time or just the first time you see the prop? I'm thinking I should notate only the first time within each scene but the further I g et through the script the more I second guess. I haven't done this in awhile and I haven't done it at all outside of college (i.e. having clear instructions set out).

Thanks in advance :)

Only once per scene. The breakdown informs everybody on what's required for th scene. If you note it down every time, you could end up with 15 of the same prop, when you only needed one

Thanks. Also, aren't you supposed to note wardrobe/pros/etc that are not explicitly stated in the screenplay? For instance, if it's a hospital scene and your lead is a patient. The hospital gown may not be mentioned in the scene but should be noted right?

So maybe I'm over-thinking this, but when you do your script breakdown if a props appears multiple times within the same scene do you notate that prop each time or just the first time you see the prop?

Usually once per scene (or batch of scenes). The thing to realize, not everything needed within each scene is noted in the script. It's part of the skill of breaking it down (or alternatively, you could talk with the director to what their vision for it is, so you can confirm).

Back