• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Hooked on Fishing - 60 second comedy

I thought it was good, the ending was good and witty, was definitely unexpected. Only thing was I at first couldn't understand the guy when he said "Found the remote." It was really weird the way he said it and took me a couple times to watch it over to understand him.

Thanks! This is a deep south accent. It's usually hard for people not familiar with it. I couldn't understand some people in New Orleans when I first moved down here. For reference you can watch some of the 'southern' movies like "Sling Blade", enjoy some spicy accents in "Deliverance" or "Inglourious Basterds".
Anybody having the same problem?

Ye I couldn't understand what he was saying even after a few passes =P only new once I saw the comment haha. But I am a New Zealander.

Kinda funny. This is unfortunately one of those jokes where you can see the punchline coming the moment the setup begins. When you work in comedy, then in situations like that, you want to hit the audience with something completely unexpected.

Here is a perfect example of a joke that seems obvious, then they perfectly twist it to bring you something truly unexpected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4j88PvLyg

Back