Stoyboard artists needed for London feature

Storyboard artists needed for London feature

Ionia Films is looking for talented storyboarders to help plan a few key scenes for a feature which is due to start shooting in London in March 2011.

Ionia Films is the team that evolved from Independent Online Cinema - the global team that produced the 2008 internet movie The Hunt for Gollum. At the helm of this feature is the same Director - Chris Bouchard.

'When a dirty cop and his twisted partner plan to settle a score by cashing in on a massive drug deal, their sights are set on London Jack-the-lad, Sirus, and they shoot to kill. With a dead-end job, fiery missus, rude boy mates, motorbike pipe dreams and a seriously functional heroin addiction, Sirus is one of Hackney’s finest, and his life hangs in the balance.'

The key scenes that still need boarding are primarily action based, as youthful, cocky armed drug dealers find themselves between armed bent-coppers and heavily-armed muscle.

We’re primarily doing this for the love of film-making, but there is the potential for profit share pending distribution. But of course this also a great oppurtunity to get some feature film experience, as well as some possible exposure of your skills.
Ionia Films prides itself on a supportive & collaborative team structure, and we welcome new team members who are driven and enthusiastic about the project.

Please do get in touch if you would like to trial your skills.
Please include a link to your portfolio, or attach four or five sequence examples - large JPEG images or PDF.
If we like what we see, then expect a screenplay sample in reply.
We will then make our decisions based upon your treatment of that sample.

It is quite likely that we will be hiring a small number of storyboarders, so don't let the idea of odds put you off.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your work.
Adam Thomas

adamthomas.ionia@gmail.com
www.ioniafilms.com
www.independentonlinecinema.com

Last edited:
I'm not sure offering a Storyboard Artist the opportunity for exposure is the correct approach, be it that the storyboard will never reach the audience, and even if it did, it wouldn't be near the numbers of your entire viewing public.

If it is completely necessary for you to have storyboards, then i'd suggest you somehow discover the funds to allow you to do so.

http://vaksart.deviantart.com/gallery/6511847
http://www.indietalk.com/member.php?u=18987

Vaskart is an IT member, who has worked with a few folks from the community. Last time i heard, he offered GREAT rates that are easily managable for any film-maker.

I'm a constant collaborator, and am always pleased when i see other like-minded people willing to trade work and skills. I just believe, in this case, exposure isn't an offering of any interest, experience maybe...yet as it seems you need the storyboards to get the very best out of your material, it's a tough ask.

I hope this helps, and the very best of luck with your project!

I vouch for Vaskart. He storyboarded one of my projects and did an amazing job. His turnaround time is impressive and his rates (depending on the project/style) are excellent.

Reach out and contact him, well worth the money!

Good luck!

Back