Canon t3i or t4i films in festivals?

Have there been any films which were shot on the Canon t3i or t4i that screened in-competetion at any prestigious film festival? (i.e Canne, Montreal, AFI, Sundance, Tribeca etc?

Have there been any films which were shot on the Canon t3i or t4i that screened in-competetion at any prestigious film festival? (i.e Canne, Montreal, AFI, Sundance, Tribeca etc?

Camera doesn't do much. You can shoot it with your phone and even win, if you have nice angles, movement and good work in post production.

Tiny Furniture won Best Narrative Feature at SXSW. It was shot on a 7D, but anyone who's used the cameras can tell you that shooting film on the 7D is no better than shooting on any T_i.

That's just the first film that comes to mind, because it won accolades and secured nationwide theatrical distribution. I don't know, but I'd have to assume that there have been a good number of films shot in this format that have screened at prestigious fests.

As far as getting into fests is concerned, the camera really doesn't matter. It's what you do with it that matters. :)

Back