unscripted films

What do you think of unscripted films suchs as the most recent TO THE WONDER (Ben Afflec) where there was no script and nobody really knew what they'll do next?

I think it is amazing and I would love to do something like this. I think Terrence Malick took a risk doing something like this but I watched it and I liked it, yes it is bit boring but I'm into the "art" part of the film and the story. I think he also made THE TREE OF LIFE (Brad Pitt) like this.

what is your opinion about unscripted and 110% improvised films? Would you take a risk like this? Also do you now of any other films with no script? (not talking about couple of scenes but the entire film)? :)

I think unscripted films are great way to learn film making.. cuz if you can pull it off then making a scripted film would very """easyish"""... But that's just what I think :)

They can be fun and lead to interesting things. Then again, I enjoyed "Guns of El Chupacabra" in all its slow confused weirdness.

If you want something good, get a group of people together who are good at improving with each other. Come up with the scenes and places. Go with it and see what you get. If you don't like it, then put it in a box and make something else. In the end, you never know what you might make if you don't experiment. Plus, there are some scripts out there so terrible, they might have been better improvising to begin with.

Back