Looking for Production team

My name is Laurent, I am a published author. I have recently finished a full length comedy film script. I am exploring different options for making it. Looking to team up with talented people on the production side who are interested in creating this film.

The synopsis is below. Get in touch if you care to discuss further.

Title: Rebuttals

Logline: A generational comedy about three friends who look to American Idol and a beer pong tournament as their ways to escape waiting tables and pursue their aspirations.

Leonard is a talented singer faced with either becoming the "urban" sell out that his new coked up agent demands, or staying true to himself. Mark is an unsure aspiring comic artist who views a beer pong tournament as his opportunity to leave a crap life and finally attend comic school. Mark cannot divulge his motives to his beer pong partner Sean. Sean is a depressed alcoholic who refuses to participate in "aspiring" to anything. With Idol judges on LSD, sleep molesting (think Michael Jackson meets sleep walking), inappropriately used bananas, and fist fights at the tournament, the guys must help one another defeat their shortcomings and reach their potential.

Thanks,
Laurent H

You have made no mention of when you (want to) start production, what budget you have (if any), if you have a producer, potential for distribution, etc., etc., etc. You also have not presented any bona fides. Is this your first script, or do you have you already had your scripts produced? Why should anyone take a risk on you? What makes you so effing special?

Yup, I'm being rough on you. Guess what? It's really rough business. If you want to attract people you'll need to do a much better selling job, and if you want to attract talented experienced people you'll need to do a really great selling job.

There are lots of folks like me in the world - you pay, I'll play! I'll polish gems, and I'll polish turds; that's how I pay my bills. Your project would have to be something extraordinary for me to offer a deep discount, much less work for free.

It sounds like a snooze fest in the making to me. Then again, it may be the funniest movie ever made; I don't know. But from your synopsis I would say you still have A LOT of work to do; it just didn't sell me at at all. If I were you I would take a stab at a great tag line and build from there.

Back