Newbie at marketing. Any advice?

Hi all,
I've never really learned about marketing or promoting myself online, which has probably been a big mistake so far. I've never been able to get my films into a film festival for whatever reason (and have always made films for less than $1,000, and haven't had the funding to send to many film festivals). However, I've recently started promoting myself on the internet with my own website, trailers, etc.

But I'm still a beginner when it comes to this. I've put a few videos on youtube but have only gotten around 100 views on each. I'm also hoping to find ways of making money from them, if possible. I've heard of using services like Vimeo to sell films (like you get a small amount each time someone pays to watch it).. but I'm not sure what is recommended.

So I think I just need some advice about where to go from here. I think finding a way to get money from my films would be great so as to fund the next one, and seeing as how I haven't done anything with a few of my films yet, making money off them somehow would be good. Also advice on getting Twitter followers, youtube views, etc would be much appreciated as well!

I appreciate the help!

Back