How do i go about getting music for my short film

Im currently working on my first short film and im wondering were i would to go to get music for my short without paying.

Would anyone know any sites i can look at or?

indietalk
myspace
facebook
google

lots more. finding music is prob the easiest part of film-making, you can collab with anyone, anywhere in the world.

Im currently working on my first short film and im wondering were i would to go to get music for my short without paying.

You should take a look at THIS THREAD. There are 16 "music available" threads
on the first page. Another two dozen on the following pages. Composers offering
music for movies - most willing to work for free.

Contact a few of them - I bet they would appreciate that their forum posts
worked.

I just seen this thread on how to get music then right below was your thread sompara and who wants music. lol. there is an option for both of you.

do composer actually need to score the film after it is done and watch it?

do composer actually need to score the film after it is done and watch it?

Hi thedude.

Yes you should provide your composer with a locked off edit of your film. The composer will then work to this edit and if you change it after this point the composer will need to make changes as well.

One more thing and it's a process I just went through. Be prepared to listen to A LOT of potential tracks, hours worth. Trying to match a the mood of your short to what's available can be frustrating at times, but very rewarding too. Try to select the music before you shoot because it's kind of nice to have that in your head when shooting.

Finish making it, decide where you want music and what kind of music you want to use and then contact some composers on here, I'm sure some will be willing to work for free.

Thread moved. Seems you are looking for offers.

Back