• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help w 5-Point Lighting Setup

Hello all! I'm looking to expand my company's 5 point lighting setup to be used primarily on corporate videos via green screen at this point. As of now we have a 3 point setup, 4x45W CF bulbs, 2' W x 1' H x 1' D softboxes.

I'm looking at getting 2 more umbrella reflectors, but what would the best addition to our setup be? Our budget is modest right now but all advice is appreciated!

Depends what you're going for and what you need. Sounds like you have 3 soft lights already, so my inclination would be to go for a harder light or two to complement. But then, you may not need that depending on what you're doing, what you need to light and how you like to light.

If this is primarily for green screen, I'd add a couple of photon beard LEDs. They give a really good, even spread of light over the screen and colour temp is perfect. Ideal if you only buy a couple of lights for green screen. Save you a ton of time in post working on improving the green screen effect.

Back