The consequences of people taking pictures on your movie set?

If a random bystander comes up and starts taking pictures of your movie, because the shoot is pretty big, of you and your scene, is there any real risks involved?

You legally can't really stop them. If you say "don't take pictures", they can just leave your property and take pictures from another person's property. Some people may put up a stand and state their rights and cause drama.

But should I really have any fear of them taking pictures? Especially since they will probably release those pictures without a copyright?

Opinions?

If a random bystander comes up and starts taking pictures of your movie, because the shoot is pretty big, of you and your scene, is there any real risks involved?
None that I know of.
Some people may put up a stand and state their rights and cause drama.
As well they should. Just because we are making a movie doesn't mean
people not involved loose their rights.
But should I really have any fear of them taking pictures? Especially since they will probably release those pictures without a copyright?
What copyright do you feel is being violated?

rsz_ryan-reynolds-shoots-deadpool-after-hit-run-accident-02-F330oY9X.1446042962.jpg

This is actually common occurrence no matter how big the production. You can keep them off your set, but that's it. Even the next bridge over with a clear view is free game. :D

Last edited:
Back