Urgent - Sound FX/Composer needed to finish film - please help

Hello,

I am in need of a composer to help me finish my fan film, Jurassic Park: Prime Survival. Up until this week, I've had a sound man working on the score and the SFX (SFX is important in this film especially, being a Jurassic Park fan film), however he has hit a bad time in his life and is unable to complete the film.

I do not want to delay the film any longer (2007 start date) so I'm really praying that somebody will be able to finalise the score and sound fx for me. It's not a HUGE project but it's taken a very long time and we have been accepted in a Washington Fan Film Festival... which is soon...

My sound man had planned on getting everything done by then but unfortunately has been unable to, causing lots of stress. I do not want to wait another year because I need to move on from this project, and the Jurassic Park fans have been waiting long enough.

I know it's not something that should be rushed however it's more the SFX that's needs completing as far as I can tell. Dialogue fixing, dinosaur and jungle sounds need to be added in and fixed up.

It's at such a bad stage with my sound man that I've yet to get everything he's composed from him. He assures me that he will send everything when he gets the chance and I do believe him, he's a reliable person but he really hasn't had good luck recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXN1G6tcD4

Here is the trailer for the film. No it's not the most professional work out there, but a lot of hard work has gone into this film and it would be great to get it finished. This is the last hurdle and I need somebody reliable who can help me out.

Remember, this film is something that can be added to any CV, it's a great project to work on.

I may seem desperate... well actually I am kinda desperate right now.

If somebody is interested please let me know and we can discuss this further.

Thank you very much for reading.
Jack

I can't offer any help as I'm not a sound man, but I was curious: How does one get accepted into a film festival without a finished film?

Good luck with your project!

I can't offer any help as I'm not a sound man, but I was curious: How does one get accepted into a film festival without a finished film?

Good luck with your project!

Well I'd been in contact about it, saying we should be able to get the film in for their calling date, but when I ended up without a finished score, I just told them everything, and they were nice enough to let us have as long as we need (before the festival) to enter the film. Very nice people.

Now, the festival is on the 15th October. It's gonna be a rush job to finish this project off, but I'm being told most of the score is done. I hope someone can do this.

If you're using the name Jurassic Park and it's a fan film, why not use the Jurassic Park's soundtrack for the film? Surely you have gotten the rights to use the title of the film. Why not go the 9 yards and use the original music as well?

I'm serious. Not trying to be smart, here.

If you're using the name Jurassic Park and it's a fan film, why not use the Jurassic Park's soundtrack for the film? Surely you have gotten the rights to use the title of the film. Why not go the 9 yards and use the original music as well?

I'm serious. Not trying to be smart, here.
Well the plan was to have an all original soundtrack, but I'm not sure anymore. It was also that the film might get taken off YouTube, but we'll see. :)

I might be interested in working on the musical score, depending on how much more you need.

You can hear some of my work at http://www.harpstringproductions.com/sample-audio.html

When you get there, give these a spin:

America the Beautiful
Island Troll
Twinkle Van Winkle

Let me know what you think.
I like your music! How are you with SFX? Jungle sounds, dinosaur sounds, fixing the voiceovers? I mean, there's more SFX that music as far as I can tell. I don't think there's much left for music at all.

I could take to write the music for the film. I have had lots of experience. As for the sfx is unfortunately not help. As for the music of course.I have a very large collection of sounds

www.myspace.com/maajlo <--- invite.. Different kinds of music.

Back