• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MOVIE TRAILER - BROKEN ($8000 Action Short - 100 Vfx Shots) DVX100a

Spatula said:
I'm going to pop it in tonight and watch it again. Great DVD, packed with extras- that's the way to sell it! Way to go, guys. Things are really happening for you- keep up this momentum! All the way.

-D. Logan

Thanks BRO!!!

First and foremost.....wow. I love the clip and found the web docs very interesting.

I'm a big fan of editing and I really liked the way this was put together.

It's inspiring to see a project like this, good luck with everthing.

Chris Cayden said:
First and foremost.....wow. I love the clip and found the web docs very interesting.

I'm a big fan of editing and I really liked the way this was put together.

It's inspiring to see a project like this, good luck with everthing.

Thanks so much for the kind words!!

CommanderGoat said:
So how exactly was the $8000 budget allocated? Shake alone is like $3000, and I'm sure all the plug-ins plus other neccessary programs(FCP, PS) added up another few thousand. Was the software & hardware not included in the budget? Was $8000 just the shooting budget?
He's probably talking shooting budget.. anyways,
Shake is now $500, Apple recently dropped the price :cool:

Hey guys,

We just released to the public for the first time the exclusive concept art for the feature film. Check it out: http://www.whatisbroken.com/bk_feature.html

BK_CONCEPT5.jpg

BK_CONCEPT2.jpg

Let us know what you think.

I really am glad you guys are doing so well with your film :) It gives us some inspiration to know that maybe there is a place for us in film even if it is outside Hollywood.

I think the pictures are great, however...what are they for? I've seen the trailer and I think the 'Broken' banner speaks more to the film than the 'Frazetta-esque' pictures. What would you use these pictures for?

-- spinner :cool:

spinner said:
I really am glad you guys are doing so well with your film :) It gives us some inspiration to know that maybe there is a place for us in film even if it is outside Hollywood.

I think the pictures are great, however...what are they for? I've seen the trailer and I think the 'Broken' banner speaks more to the film than the 'Frazetta-esque' pictures. What would you use these pictures for?

-- spinner :cool:

thanks man!!
they are conceptual painting for the feature. fleshing out characters and scenes. More for the studios, talent, investors to visualize the the feature.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that my new animated short film "Red Princess Blues Animated: The Book of Violence is available online to watch for free at: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30680335

It's seven minutes and stars the lovely Paula Garces (Harold and Kumar 1 & 2)
paula02.jpg

1029.jpg

I'm planning to shot the live action feature on the RED. Any experiences out there with the camera? Let me know what you guys think of the anime short film.:kali:

Great work. I'm not usually a fan of such limited motion in animation, seems like cheating, but you really pulled it together for an excellent story.

Also, ordered your broken DVD. Don't know why I never noticed it before.

-Brad

Hey alex, coolest thing just happened the other day. I'm in the film appreciation club on campus and I saw Broken being pulled out of our secretary's backpack on Monday! YAY you, we may end up watching a clip to discuss as well, I'll make sure to let them know where they can get a copy :)

Back