PanAm.. did you like it?

I watched PanAm with my 17 year old daughter last night. Fun to watch, love the fashions, potential engaging plot threads. It has a clean stylized look that is enjoyable.

Some of the CGI was bad, but didn't seem to ruin the story for me. What do you think?

Finally watched episode 1 last night. Utterly and completely wretched. Sets looked cheap and soap opera quality, the writing was god awful, heavy handed and ridiculous. I also just realized nobody was smoking on the plane... WTF, it would have filled with a cloud of cigarette smoke. It had NONE of Mad men's intelligence, subtlety, or style.

Well, I didn't say it was a great show, but I did like their lighting department and the way they kept the color scheme strong throughout. Obviously the writing wasn't on par with mad men, but then what show's writing is?

I doubt I'll end up watching this show, but I thought the production values and overall look were good.

Well, I didn't say it was a great show, but I did like their lighting department and the way they kept the color scheme strong throughout. Obviously the writing wasn't on par with mad men, but then what show's writing is?

I doubt I'll end up watching this show, but I thought the production values and overall look were good.

I was hoping it would be good, just wasn't. I have heard Playboy Club is better.

I was hoping it would be good, just wasn't. I have heard Playboy Club is better.

Playboy Club is better, but I have to fast forward through the tacked on musical numbers. It's not exactly the sopranos, but it is a better story than Pan Am.

And yes, Amber Heard is not unattractive in the lead role.

Back