Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Tools of the Trade > Cameras

Old 10-25-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
KevinMcCallister
Basic Member

Gh4 Metabones Speedbooster Decision

After a long, stressful, but exciting process, I've finally come to an agreement with myself. I've decided to upgrade from my t4i to the gh4/speedbooster. However, at this point I'm unable to decide on the metabones adapter.

They have these listed:

Ultra at 1 extra stop and .71x wider
http://www.metabones.com/products/de...B_SPEF-M43-BT4

XL at 1 1/3 extra stop and .64x wider
http://www.metabones.com/products/de...B_SPEF-m43-BT3

Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they have a tight fit? Is there any vignetting? I would love to hear anything you guys have to say about this adapter/setup.
KevinMcCallister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 10-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
Nakean
Basic Member

I use the less wide speedooster and have not noticed vignetting. I think it might be a problem with the wider FOV booster depending on the lens used and if you shoot in 1080p for 60p which I think has a slighter wider FOV than the 4k mode on the GH4.
Nakean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
KevinMcCallister
Basic Member

Thanks for your reply. I plan to shoot in 4k, probably using the the sigma 18-35 and possibly my 1.4 50mm. By the way, what lens are you using?
Old 10-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
Nakean
Basic Member

I have a bunch of canon glass but the Sigma 18-35 stays on my camera 90% of the time.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
KevinMcCallister
Basic Member

Awesome. If you were me, about to purchase the gh4, would you rather wait and get the gh5 next year?
Old 10-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #6
Nakean
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcCallister View Post
Awesome. If you were me, about to purchase the gh4, would you rather wait and get the gh5 next year?
That's a tough one. I've never been one to really wait to see what comes out. If I need to camera now I buy The best one available now.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
KevinMcCallister
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakean View Post
That's a tough one. I've never been one to really wait to see what comes out. If I need to camera now I buy The best one available now.
About to pull the trigger on the gh4/xl speedbooster. Are there any negative qualities you can point out with this combo? What do you use it for?

I'll be producing mainly cinematic work, as well as web based promotional videos and probably some interviews.

I was being tempted by the a7s for the impressive low light capabilities, but I'd be missing out on other qualities I'd be getting with the gh4. I've been going crazy trying to make a decision.

Last edited by KevinMcCallister; 10-31-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
Nakean
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcCallister View Post
About to pull the trigger on the gh4/xl speedbooster. Are there any negative qualities you can point out with this combo? What do you use it for?

I'll be producing mainly cinematic work, as well as web based promotional videos and probably some interviews.

I was being tempted by the a7s for the impressive low light capabilities, but I'd be missing out on other qualities I'd be getting with the gh4. I've been going crazy trying to make a decision.
Use it for the same things as you. Films.nakean.com

Lowlight would be great but I light 99 percent of all my work. Rarely need anything above iso800 with fast glass like the Sigma 18-35. Batteries last forever (unlike the sony). I thin you'll be happy. When you want or need, you can also get 10bit 4:2:2 out of the GH4 while the sony only does 8bit. THis is helpful if you want to do some creative grading or record in log format.