First Music video edit ever. Want some Feedback

Hey guys im just looking for some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I know this site can be one to rip eachother apart. Like i said it was my 1st music video.

I filmed and edited someone else directed. Before watching though understand there was NO preproduction work AT ALL. The director came up with what shots he wanted on scene rather than give it some real thought which resulted in alot of talking and wasted time.

So again just give me some thoughts and concerns so i can do a better job next round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWhz8AuvUMI

Not a fan of the music, video content, or color grade, but the editing was actually pretty solid. Nice work.

My only "constructive criticism" would be to use this as a learning experience and practice, but NOT use it as an example of your work to get more work. Clients won't see past the production quality. If you don't have access to better footage to play with, shoot your own, or ask others for their raw footage for your editing reel.

The exposure thing i totally agree. They Director just got the camera and its all new to him but hes had it for a couple weeks. When i got to shoot he said it was all set up and ready to go. I am a director so the camera work is kinda new to me. The director was my DP for a feature i did so i thought it was all good till i got in post and saw... He lowered the ISO im guessing and spaced on the Exposure. I saved it the best i could when outside and facing windows.

Back