• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MY FIRST ACCOMPLISHMENT

I'm sure I just have been brainwashed, but I'm not sure yet for what ;)

Just kidding.

It's pretty hard to comment on such projects.
It's in the realm of experimental film, yet at the same time it isn't very experimental in nature, since it's use of basic geometrical shapes and colors have already been described in notes about one of the very first experimental videos around 1910. (Yes, descriptions: the films got lost in time.)
It was not edited in the same way, but this project seems like a directs descendant.

I can't say it triggered any emotions. Part of he esthetics just remind me of a Commodore64 loading proces.
With this kind of abstract things that seem to be devoid of any story or emotion I am always wondering: is the maker bullshitting the viewer, mocking art or just from another planet?
(Please note: I think experimental films are intriguing, even when they don't resonate with me at all. I've made my share in artschool. I even made a series that was about mocking art and bullshitting the viewer while sharing the mocking with them :P )

What is the idea behind this video?

First of all, thank you.

It's just a friendly reminder, we create films not because of money, we are creating because of ourselves.

My short film title can answer to all question. It's a story about a Eternal Stray. This simbolizes the eternity, abstraction, void.

It may be seem that this film is just a crap. Yeah, it seems like it, I can agree.

However, not everyone can understand what is in the head of the maker.

And actually we all can link ourselves to this paltry red square, walking through the uncertainity path.

Films like this have a value. It is a journey into the mind of its maker. One can use symbolism as hints. Here's my psycho analysis.

The blinking shows how the maker is in search for a connection... encounters the white ball. Is that the one from James Bond or a zero? A light in the tunnel? Is the maker looking for a way to come out or become a hero? Trying to deal with a low self-esteem? After a while the screen is completely white. The maker is blinded - overwhelmed when stepping out from the shadows. Towards the end the maker comes to the point and plays with the rainbow colors. Yep, homosexual out coming.

You kinda guessed what I meant to. The struggle. The light. The colors. And then after all this - it finally comes to black, as it used to be. It's a journey.

Back