Another finding actors thread

I know this must be asked a lot around here, but here is my situation:

I'm 14 years old and I'm currently looking for actors for my feature and some shorts. Most of my friends won't do it and the others will but won't take it seriously enough. And it isn't very professional hiring friends. I've heard there will be lot's of people my age at drama groups looking to star/act in movies. I don't know how to approach this however. How will I make them take me 100% serious and such...

And do you need to get written permission for when they're acting etc?...

I'm a bit stressed and confused!

lot's of people my age at drama groups looking to star/act in movies. (...) How will I make them take me 100% serious and such...

I bet every single one of those actors your age is sweating out "how will a filmmaker ever take someone seriously at my age". ;)

Stop worrying so much, and be honest in everything. Additionally, if you have done all the pre-production & planning in advance, there will be no question that will throw you or confuse you. If the director is knowledgabe & confident about their own project, everything else will flow.

You can do it. :cool:

I bet every single one of those actors your age is sweating out "how will a filmmaker ever take someone seriously at my age". ;)

Stop worrying so much, and be honest in everything. Additionally, if you have done all the pre-production & planning in advance, there will be no question that will throw you or confuse you. If the director is knowledgabe & confident about their own project, everything else will flow.

You can do it. :cool:

Thanks! :)

Is the best way to just call the theater group up?

Thanks! :)

Is the best way to just call the theater group up?

This is what I've done. The theater group is wonderful; they're really easy-going but dedicated to their work. Sure, they are trained to act with "projection" (stage exaggeration) but you can tone this down well.

So yeah, just look around for youth acting houses near you, or your school or others' theater departments. It'll work out :D Make sure to tell the Theater Director and they might put out a notice/announcement for his/her actors if anyone is interested.

This is what I've done. The theater group is wonderful; they're really easy-going but dedicated to their work. Sure, they are trained to act with "projection" (stage exaggeration) but you can tone this down well.

So yeah, just look around for youth acting houses near you, or your school or others' theater departments. It'll work out :D Make sure to tell the Theater Director and they might put out a notice/announcement for his/her actors if anyone is interested.

Thanks! That's a good idea about putting a notice up. I should probably put together a reel to show them what they'll be doing.

Back