Hello and good morning!

Hello everyone, brand new here. I'm Aaron and after 2 decades of dreaming and tinkering, I finally decided to take the plunge and make some concrete steps towards becoming an independent filmmaker. I recently made a camera purchase (Canon XL2, older, not HD, but a beautiful machine regardless) and I've come here to fraternize with fellow individuals of creative vision and to gain advice and knowledge about my craft.

I'm a writer first and foremost, and I hope I can contribute to this community. Thanks.

AKN

tumblr_mnh3zjbvWZ1rjgcvdo1_500.gif

Welcome to the forums :cool:

Get out there and do something! The best things a filmmaker can do is stay active. Don't worry about your first pieces of work not being perfect. You'll learn from your mistakes. If you have the true passion and determination to become a filmmaker, you won't get discouraged and give up.

Also, you can post your work in the Screening Room.

http://www.indietalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

:welcome:

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I've already shot a piece for the Florida Public Interest Research Group and will be shooting a local music festival in the next coming months. I barely know how to use my camera, but I know the best way to learn is to just do it, and to make mistakes, and to learn from them.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I've already shot a piece for the Florida Public Interest Research Group and will be shooting a local music festival in the next coming months. I barely know how to use my camera, but I know the best way to learn is to just do it, and to make mistakes, and to learn from them.

You're welcome!

Yep. You learn just as much from your failures as you do from your successes.

I agree just do something. Thats moslty what I do. Just take your camera and do new things with it. I had a scene from a video I did, and put music to it, and played with reversing, speeding up and different cuts. I learned a lot.

And by the way......Hello.

Back