Screenwriter needed.

I am in need of a screenwriter. This is would be a neat opportunity to hone your writing skills. The film is called "Myst" and is based off of the video game series by Cyan. The story revolves around an ancient art, (literally known as "The Art") which is the ability to write books which serve as links to other worlds, known as Ages. This practice of creating linking books was originally developed by an ancient civilization known as the D'ni, whose society crumbled after being ravaged by disease. The descendants of the D'ni who still retain the ability, have split into two: Those who want to restore the original isolated D'ni ways, and those who want to save the Ages. The battle has disputed over the years has been over the Earth age. The names of the two sides are unknown and irrelevant to the viewer. The viewer automatically assumes that the black robed individuals are the bad side, while the white robed individuals are the good side. This assumption is correct. *The plot line involves a ring of teenagers who stumble upon the D'ni art, and at first, admire its power. They then soon realize that, they have gotten themselves into a world that is above all of their heads.

If you are willing to help, please let me know, and drop your email address. Serious offers only.

Welcome to indietalk.

What you don't say is what will YOU do with this script. As a serious writer
that is something I would like to know.

Two things to think about:

Since you do not have the right to "Myst" you cannot commission a script.

The screen rights to "Myst" have been optioned by Mysteria Film Group. They
have two producers attached and have already commissioned a script. As of
now the project has stalled, but they still own the rights.

What will you do with the finished script?

Back