Hi - I do sound!

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Mark, based in London, trying to get into Sound Post.

Hope to connect with some cool people and help out with their projects on this forum.

Cheers!

welcome-sign-clip-art-free-vulgaire-com-qJHhy9-clipart.png

Hi Gorillaonabike!

I got into sound when I was a kid playing music, getting into music tech messing around with an old Atari 520ST running cubase and hooking it up to an old akai sampler. Then I got hold of a little analogue desk, so I worked out signal path that way and learned the basics of building up blocks of harmony, and learning to deconstruct what I was hearing to understand how the sounds were made.
Then I got into theatre, went to LAMDA (drama college in London) and trained in Stage Management and Technical Theatre, and when I left there I went into theatre sound. I've worked at a hire store prepping systems for theatre sound installs, as an engineer doing the installs, and then for the last 10 years I've been mixing musicals in the west end!
Been looking to transition into film sound over the last couple of years, and have had some work - but I'd like to do more!
I've not worked with anyone based in London yet - all have been international team ups powered by the internet!
Thanks for asking - good to meet you!

Project

Hello Mark,

I have read your post and may have a project that would interest you. I have recently shot an art promo that requires a hip hop sound design. We have the material, we need a professional to put everything together.

If you're interested please send me an email via Dean-j-s@hotmail.co.uk and I can give you more information.

Thanks,

Dean

Back