video changes size in premiere when adding effects

im filming with a panasonic pv dv953. when we upload into premiere 7.0 it looks fine. but when we add effects like slow motion, fades, or even text it messes up. it looks normal in premiere, but when we save it and play it in windows movie maker or quicktime, all the scenes with effects become more narrow with black on the sides. when we put it straight to the camera it is the right size but the quality for those scenes becomes bad. im filming in 4:3 and i dont know any other setting that could be causing this. last time we filmed something we filmed in cinema mode and the same thing happened, only the shots became thinner horizontaly instead of vertically. any idea why this is happening? if its with the camera settings? or if theres something in premiere we need to do?

I had the same problem...
-Check your project settings and make sure the "Adjust clip properties to match project" (or whatever) is checked.
-Try using another program to do the effects if you can, and import the clip into premiere.
-Check the effects settings.
-Cry.

I solved my problem with importing the clips with the project settings, but when I used effects, the original size issues came back after rendering. So I used windows Moviemaker to adjust the speed (horrible, horrible program, but I was desperate) and re-imported the clips. That ended up working!
Sorry if I can't be more help, but give that a try.

ok i thought that when i uploaded it to my camera the problem would be fixed (since that fixed it last time this happened) but now its all messed up. when capturing to my camera, the screen size stays the same size, but is all stretched vertically and leaves blank lines on the sides of the screen. after about 30 seconds it just drops a ton of frames and leaves a blue screen.
any ideas on what to do?
and for my project settings... i dont know, there what ever premiere makes your project settings b/c we dont mess with em

Back