Hello there, film distributor here...

...and a fine good evening, from the East Coast of the US. Now before you roll your eyes and hate me, I promise I'm one of the good guys. But isn't that what they all say...?

...and a fine good evening, from the East Coast of the US. Now before you roll your eyes and hate me, I promise I'm one of the good guys. But isn't that what they all say...?

Hey there baltimore dude :)
Glad to see someone else from my area on the forum.

especially a distributor :D
but i'm just a short film guy for the next couple years.

Hey there baltimore dude :)
Glad to see someone else from my area on the forum.

especially a distributor :D
but i'm just a short film guy for the next couple years.

Ha, that's awesome. Go O's.

Shorts are a lot of fun, but the same amount of work as features. I've seen some amazing ones that I wish I could pick up.

So how do you distribute films? Without giving away all of your secrets of course...

Well funny enough, the actual distribution process isn't all that hard. Some fulfillment here, some aggregation there. It can be a pain to manage. The whole thing may cost you a few hundred bucks and some phone time. But no secret to be found, aside knowing what kind of people buy what. But I feel like that's common sense.

The real magic (just like film itself) is in the imagination. The marketing, the campaign, the creative. You can do some amazing stuff these days. Getting those people to find your film, therein as the Bard would tell us, lies the rub.

Last edited:
Shorts are a lot of fun, but the same amount of work as features.

I'm still learning and growing.. much easier to do this with a 2 day shoot than a 30 day one. especially when you're not paying actors and they don't show up half the time, it would be nearly impossible to get to the finish line..

i'll probably enter my next short into the md film festival

I'm still learning and growing.. much easier to do this with a 2 day shoot than a 30 day one. especially when you're not paying actors and they don't show up half the time, it would be nearly impossible to get to the finish line..

i'll probably enter my next short into the md film festival

It's true. Cut your teeth on shorts, but don't get stuck in them forever. Good luck with the MD fest, may want to check out this one: http://dcshorts.com/

I see that you produced a film as well, in another thread.
I'm interested to hear more about your past experiences.

I see that you produced a film as well, in another thread.
I'm interested to hear more about your past experiences.

Producing is like anything else with a film, when it's going great it's the best when it's not going so great... well, you want to jump off a cliff. There are all kinds of producers that do all kinds of things. I was mostly post production and (of course) distribution.

Back