Advertisement legal ?

Hello everyone...

I Want to make an advertisement video for fun.. about 45 seconds.. I will be advertising a beer.. Will it be illegal to advertise a real beer ? It won't be sarcastic or anything ..could i get into trouble ? :/
thanks

If you do not post it on the internet there will be no legal
problems. It seems to me you should make up a beer - that
way you can show your advertisement to people.

Even if you do post an advertisement video for a real beer the
only thin that will happen is the company will tell you to remove
it. You won't get into trouble.

Why risk a lawsuit? If for some some reason a bored junior legal partner decides to make an example out of someone, you'll lose. If your video is so awesome it would be a shame not to be able to share it with us on the net. Follow the suggestion of the previous poster and create a fake brand.

Spec-spots are made all the time by commercial directors for their reels etc. They try to sell the commercial to the product maker (hence spec) but they also include them in their director's reels.

It's a lot different than a movie. If you use one in a movie and have to take it out that's a big problem. If you have to take down one spec spot that is not that big of a deal.

This is not legal advice.

Make some fake labels and slap them on some pre-tasted (ie: empty) beer bottles, if you are concerned.

Heck, call it ZenSteve Brew and use my forum-photo on the labels. I grant my permission for this. :abduct:

Please do not take offense, GuerrillaAngel, but Realflorian will
not face a lawsuit. Your second point is one I agree with - but
it is not against the law to make a spec commercial using
actual products.

Back