Posting my full feature soon

Early sept I will be able to finally post my movie on youtube. My account got in trouble when I posted the old "Unsolved mysteries" back in march and since then I could not post more than 15 min. But that time is coming to an end shortly and I can't wait to post it on here. Until then below are the trailers one last time.
Again another big thanks to the everyone on here who answered all of my questions with Pro status during the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGUFE4nH5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHdiu4-omc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_jWewhflJQ

Fantastic!

It does not matter if you post your full feature here, it matters that its good. It matters that; you took the time be in the same room as the editor, score the music with the scorer and took time to make something greater than what it already is. ;)

Copyright issues for the unsolved mysteries. and Rational.
I was the editor, co-director/co-writer/producer/boom op/casting manager/special effects guy and much more. My friend put his music in it and yes we did work together.
I can't wait to post it.

~mrpink89? Could I ask why you have a 1:50 trailer? But then have a 7 second trailer where a guy says "Can I have some chocolate milk?" and then a 23 second one with a really loud and out of place song blasting over it?

I don't get the reasoning behind these two additional teasers, or why they were done the way they were. There's no context for them.

Besides which, your main trailer doesn't even properly explain what The Woodsman is even about. Sure, we can speculate and fill in the blanks because it's a generally familiar premise (apparently). But that shouldn't excuse you from making sure your trailer accurately explains the story, without revealing too much of the plot or any major twists.

You have to find effective ways of sampling dialogue from the film that fills in the story as the trailer goes on. And while you may think you've done that, we're still missing a few crucial pieces of information.

Thanks everybody. can't wait to let it out!!!!

Filmkmaker: The first two trailers were just me having fun in vegas. Also, that spice girls song is a jam so, why not? lol. Thanks for checking them out. as for the last one. well, yeah, you're right. it doesn't explain much at all except for my love for bumping to Emily Wells (artist song in the trailer) Trailers these days have too much info in them so I wanted to keep a lot of mystery to the movie. If i can say anything about the movie is:
it is a Monster/sci-fy/slasher/romance/thriller/action/comedy

As for the last one. well, yeah, you're right. it doesn't explain much at all except for my love for bumping to Emily Wells (artist song in the trailer) Trailers these days have too much info in them so I wanted to keep a lot of mystery to the movie.

But there's a way to keep the mystery without confusing people and making the general plot line hard to discern. All I got from your trailer was a bombardment of unrelated and out-of-context scenes that didn't seem to have a clear through-line.

If i can say anything about the movie is: it is a Monster/sci-fy/slasher/romance/thriller/action/comedy

I understand your enthusiasm and wanting to nail down what your film is. But Shaun of the Dead is labeled as a horror comedy. Now quite often when you think of horror, it's either a very slow moving film with a nearly helpless protagonist, or its a very bloody and gore-filled film with some action set-pieces. So Horror can imply the action. It can also imply the slasher element, and the monster element.

So horror, which you didn't even use in this list of genres, implies about four of the others. Romance is also very common in almost any film. So unless the romance is the absolute main focus and there's no action scenes or sci-fi elements involved, then you can use the genre Romance as a selling point. Otherwise, depending on what else your film stands for, you can drop that descriptor because it's not as important as stating the others.

I also don't know if sci-fi is really necessary, because unless your film takes place on another planet or in outer-space or in some sort of experimental vessel, then you shouldn't need to state the Sci-fi aspect. Cabin in the Woods is most certainly a sci-fi, and even a fantasy film when you break it down into all of its "mysterious" elements. But to say that it's a sci-fi film likely can end up suggesting what the ending of the film will reveal. So it's best to leave sci-fi off in that sort of case.

However, it is very important to state whether your film is a "comedy" or not, because if it isn't, then the entire film would be a lot different than if it was a comedy. The word comedy can also imply a sense of parody or exaggerated reality. So in case your film includes a lot of strange and out-of-left-field characters and elements that all band together to combat some malevolent force, then that can satisfyingly express that, especially when coupled with the film's trailer and poster. So in most cases you should state that something is a comedy if it is.

In conclusion, your film is a "Horror Comedy." Much more straight forward.

Back