Anyone up for making movies in Ohio?

Anyone up for making movies in Ohio? (Investors / Funding)

All right, I have made some posts about myself which you can find on this site. I am moving back to Ohio on May 17th and I am trying to get several projects off the ground, mainly my horror film that is currently untitled. If anyone is interested let me know. I am looking for producers for financing right now.

Last edited:
I live in Ohio, but I'm not really into finding money for other people's projects. That's not really "producing" as I have done or worked with. That's more of an "investor".

In terms of a business plan, what is your plan for ROI? What percentages are you offering to investors in the profits?

For the return of investments I think it would depend on how much the film's budget is plus a certain percentage of the profits if we try to screen it or go the straight to video route.

For the return of investments I think it would depend on how much the film's budget is plus a certain percentage of the profits if we try to screen it or go the straight to video route.

I'm having trouble finding the button for "certain percentage" on my calculator... can you be more specific, like with an actual number? ;)

Seriously, I do not understand the motivation for a filmmaker to approach other filmmakers to either invest or get investors. What is the motive? Why would I expend the energy and credibility of my own for someone else when I could be raising money for my own projects?

If another filmmaker had a solid business plan with details on ROI, then I'd be more interested, but usually all I get are these "I have a great idea for a movie... I just need someone to get me the $$$" and there's nothing but the overzealous first time filmmaker desperation to get the money without considering the consequences. I'm not saying that's you personally, but so far, I ain't seeing none of them there details that would get me to take the offer seriously.... YET.

Where are you at in ohio? I dont feel like investing in your movie but if your looking for crew: directing, producing, lighting, sound, whatever. I know a little bit about everything so I'm willing to help. I just want to meet some cool people to work on their movies/help with mine. I dont have anything now, but I'm buying some pretty good equiptment this summer, so idk when you plan on making a movie but if its after that I can share. Hit me back
:cool:

Last edited:
Back