• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screenwriting software: Which and why?

A survey can be found here.

I'm currently developing a website for screenwriting as part of my computer science course and was looking for feedback from the community. What program do you use now? Why? What does it miss out? This kind of thing. Any feedback on any program would be greatly useful. If you could fill in the survey that would be great and any other feedback would be wonderful as a reply to this post.

Thanks,
Kyle.

I've used most of the ones that are out there at some point or another. I currently use FadeIn and am experimenting with Scenarist which is made by a user of this forum. Celtx is too bloated and tries to do too many things. Plus you could never get an accurate page count while typing. You had to "Typeset" first. Final Draft was always buggy for me and wasn't pretty to look at. Trelby was promising back in the day but development has stalled. I liked Adobe Story but lack of a Linux port made me look elsewhere. I have no issues at all with FadeIn, I love it. Win/Mac/Linux compatible. Same with KIT Scenarist, which also has a really nice UI and some great story development tools.

I started using Final Draft in 2016. Never used anything else.
No bugs thus far and I really like it. It actually made me finish my first 'real' short film script in a script format :)

Back