• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Story Writer needed for short film project

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of making a short film with a 10 minute length, I have a budget of 2,000 dollars, an actress and crew who are ready to make this. The only problem is that I need a strong storyteller to write a detailed treatment that I can develop into a script (the last script I wrote fell apart to escalating budget demands, so I decided to go for something simpler). I would add the dialog and detailed descriptions. We only have 3 weeks to shoot due to everyone's schedule on other projects.

If anyone would like to come up with a treatment and help write the script please let me know, you'll receive a co-write credit and if we fair successful with distribution it would only sweeten that. In terms of a vibe, I'm open to anything, but I would lean more to character driven sci-fi or thriller (no vfx) like a well written short story by a literal genius. Films like Le Jetee and Open Your Eyes for example. We're shooting in South Africa (looks like anywhere in the world, the new Australia. They're currently shooting Avengers 2 here, Chronicle was shot here as well).

I would like to work with a keen writer as I would forward you technical details as well as locations I have set up so you may integrate that in your treatment.

Please let me know if you're interested :)

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of making a short film with a 10 minute length, I have a budget of 2,000 dollars, an actress and crew who are ready to make this. The only problem is that I need a strong storyteller to write a detailed treatment that I can develop into a script (the last script I wrote fell apart to escalating budget demands, so I decided to go for something simpler). I would add the dialog and detailed descriptions. We only have 3 weeks to shoot due to everyone's schedule on other projects.

If anyone would like to come up with a treatment and help write the script please let me know, you'll receive a co-write credit and if we fair successful with distribution it would only sweeten that. In terms of a vibe, I'm open to anything, but I would lean more to character driven sci-fi or thriller (no vfx) like a well written short story by a literal genius. Films like Le Jetee and Open Your Eyes for example. We're shooting in South Africa (looks like anywhere in the world, the new Australia. They're currently shooting Avengers 2 here, Chronicle was shot here as well).

I would like to work with a keen writer as I would forward you technical details as well as locations I have set up so you may integrate that in your treatment.

Please let me know if you're interested :)
Please contact me in private: egidioconcas88@gmail.com
I'm really really interested.

sci fi ?
I would have rather gone for simple .....

Lead lady photographer ,

Gets out from house in car with camera with her ,

She shoots ....clicks ........ her shot ... screen still ....... she is being clicked ......... screen still,

her shoot It would be containing beauty of the busy street of SA to green nature .

her photo's would be in retro ,

But she being in photos would be pure black and white.

She travels from whole rural to wide green nature river side too. she clicks ..........she get clicked.........

Make beauty get dipped and bounce back in water few times...... clicks there ........

gets fresh , she leaves back for home.........

morning next day , at Home ..........in bed , in front of laptop.........

Shows screen ...........

that side :Where were you ..............all day ?

her id: capturing beauty........

her id : about you?

that side : same , was capturing beauty .

cAlling bell rings ............. courier at door steps ...............
..picks up... opens ................

.......photo's of her being captured while roaming yesterday...............

-----------------------------------------------------

Half of the story is being posted on the other thread too ..... thought would be nice be made separate thread....... (Continued part included)

Lead lady photographer ,

Gets out from house in car with camera with her ,

She shoots ....clicks ........ her shot ... screen still ....... she is being clicked ......... screen still,

her shoot It would be containing beauty of the busy street of SA to green nature .

her photo's would be in retro ,

But she being in photos would be pure black and white.

She travels from whole rural to wide green nature river side too. she clicks ..........she get clicked.........

Make beauty get dipped and bounce back in water few times...... clicks there ........

gets fresh , she leaves back for home.........

morning next day , at Home ..........in bed , in front of laptop.........

Shows screen ...........

that side :Where were you ..............all day ?

her id: capturing beauty........

her id : about you?

that side : same , was capturing beauty .

cAlling bell rings ............. courier at door steps ...............
..picks up... opens ................

.......photo's of her being captured while roaming yesterday...............

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(CONTINUED REST HALF )

She goes back to laptop....

her id : where are you now.....

that side: what do you mean ...!!?

her id : it's ok .
her id: to night i'll be out . In night . I mean it..

that side: i don't get it ?
that side : ok, got to go .. catch you late . bye

In Night, lonely lady walking on street with camera.

Gets clicked ...
She's expecting herself to be followed.It's like Daring overconfedence because of trust in someone known who is following her.

gets clicked.

Now she is in front of grave yard .

Expecting the trusted person(her person/boyfriend/husband) to show up

gets clicked.

Sitting on resting bench waiting ....

She turns ... gets clicked...

She becomes nervous .. looking at ...

The shadow walks towards her ....

She stays still...

Shadow standing in front her ...hands card to her.

It says , he's private Investigator.

she looks at him again ....

hans over check to her....
she sees... check being signed by her boyfriend/husband!!

she can't believe ... tears in her eyes....

Guy is sitting next to her with camera with him too.

guy:This time, I hated my job very much

she doesn't say anything... she is like in small shock...

After a while , guy tries to distract her....

guy: I'm part time photographer .. do you think I got a talent ? ...
...... I had submitted my work copy yesterday to you ? ...

she laughs ...

guy: what do you think ... i got a future in it.... instead of being fuking james bond...
she laughs again....

guy: so , can i be your assistant?

she gives a look of may be...

silence for a while...

guy : so ,do you do this always .. daring to go out in night alone ...photograph in night ...being alone....

She : nope ! I knew i was not lonely ... but.. being followed by my ... (stops)
she :never knew it was stranger someone like you following me.

guy:SO , what is todays project ... I'll..
she:capturing graveyard gaurd on duty at night.

guy:well , kind of interesting ...

she: If we can't find the gaurd ... may be you have to model his role ... be ready for that ...

guy : what ? so , I got look of graveyard gaurd.

guy :ok .. but, why project guy gaurding a grave yard ..?

she : not sure ...They are kind interesting ... they gaurd and care dead bodies ...
.......to night you too look like one of them to me.

She is about to cry..... hugs her...
guy : ok, calm down....

Choose best name :
Adorable dare / trust ...

Back