• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Period Script for Sale

I am selling a recently completed 37 page script entitled "Call Me Charlie". It is a period piece that takes place in the very early 1930's at the end of prohibition. It involves "Charlie", a mysterious contract killer that attempts to balance being a father with a life of murder and crime. In his ominous "last job", things seem simple at first, but he quickly learns that they are not as they appear to be.

This script could easily be shortened or lengthened into a full length. However, it would definitely require a budget to complete.

Here is a short, mediocre, sample scene I did from the middle of the script. I was at first considering making the film myself, but I quickly realized that it would require more resources than I could muster.

http://youtu.be/Agf1kmfiTVU It ends with an outtake scene as we decided not to go any further into the script. (Which was kind of a bummer because a fight scene was coming up!)

If anyone is interested, please pm me to discuss any details.

Last edited:
The additional cost of making the film set in the '30s will pretty much narrow the number of people interested in something like this.

at first considering making the film myself, but I quickly realized that it would require more resources than I could muster.

Yah, lots of little details to keep track of. I watched the video, btw. Lost count of all the anachronistic pieces. Found the last scene to be very confusing, also, with all that line-crossing. Didn't help that there were doors on both sides, so not even a solid frame of reference to keep oriented. :)

Good luck with the script. I really dig Prohibition-era films. Hope it gets made into a solid flick. :cool:

Yeah it is kind of a different script, it is a short (not half a movie...) but it is a long one, particularly because there is so much dialogue.

But yeah, the video was a little test we did with very limited resources and limited time. It was still fun though :)

The additional cost of making the film set in the '30s will pretty much narrow the number of people interested in something like this.

Depends on how you shoot it. We are doing our current film, a period piece set in the late 1940s, using mostly virtual sets. It's a very limited cast, so wardrobe and hand props (all period correct) were not that overwhelming nor expensive to assemble. For our few practical sets (exterior locations) we even had a couple local vintage car clubs donate the use of their period-correct automobiles, and one vintage airplane.

Based on the description of the story, I'd be very interested in seeing this script. Could you PM it to me?

Last edited:
Back