• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I need A LOT of sound help.

If you are recording with a regular camcorder and then just using software on it to make it look nicer, how do you get the sound? I have some ideas, but I can not quite decide what to do about songs that go along with the scene, like on the soundtrack. I do not know how to make the audience hear them :/

You really need to look into using an editing program on your computer to put your final video project together. There are many options -- newer PCs or Macs will come with "Movie Maker" or "iMovie" (respectively). If your camcorder is digital, you should have an option to import your video into a file on your computer. Once imported, open the video clip in your editing program and you can do many additional things like cutting out certain segments, rearrange the order, add text overlays, and add music.

nancy... are you editing in camera?

if that's your only option then read the manual for your camera and see if they have put in extra audio tracks to add music on, in camera.

John's right... editing on a computer with a piece of free software like imovie is going to be best.

Back