• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Changin names half way through

Ok I am well into my new script and I have *stumbled* upon a small trouble. My main character is Acavius, but he is kidnapped from his village that lies on the outskirts of the Roman Empire. So he is Roman but he is taken to a Saxon/Barbarian camp and then to a city that has remained a secret from the Romans. There the king gives him, along with the dozen other children brought there new names, Saxon names. So this is my delema, most of the story will take place after his name changes and it changes into a much nicer and cooler names, Eadric.

So do I change his name title when i write from ACAVIUS to EADRIC so that everytime he talks the name title is EADRIC because everyone will be calling him Eadric for the rest of the story except the end when h e arrives back home. People will be calling him EADRIC for 80% of the script so should I change his real name title to the new one?

Oh yea I prefer EADRIC of ACAVIUS its just more original and sound nicer and more, warrior like.

After you give him the new name and have described that action in your action, then go ahead and assign him a new character cue (NAME).

Just be sure that it's absolutely CLEAR that he has a new name before you start using it.

filmy

Back